Friday, November 23, 2012

Tuesday, November 20/2012

The sun was up and shining when I woke up today and the birds were very busy at the birdseed.  Once I got dressed, and had a cup of coffee in my hand, Hogan and I went for a short walk into the open acres beside our yard.  I had just taken a few steps away from the gate when Hogan took off.  When I looked over to see what the commotion was all about, he had a javalina on the run.  I guess there was one on the other side of the mesquite bush I didn't notice.  Hogan did and gave chase until I called to him and he aborted his mission.  The encounter from last year where Hogan was clearly on the losing end does not seem to have deterred him from chasing the darn things.  These javalina can sure run though!!
Since I have not done dishes for two days, I finally broke down and did them today.  It was nasty and I really should do them daily but I hate doing dishes!!  The kitchen fairy doesn't seem to like doing them either!!  She doesn't like putting away the clean clothes either so I had to do that today too!!  Geez, I am tired now.
Since Thursday is American Thanksgiving, there is no shuffleboard so, we are heading to the Bar 7 to play the games tonight.  Gee, I thought we would just pick up the tournament next week but I guess not.
Since the games are not scheduled until 7:00 p.m. we had time to sit and enjoy the last of the sunshine and watch the birds and bunnies.  Again, we are living an exciting life.  Today, about 8 javalina came for their evening snacks and that included the two new babies.  I managed to get some pics and even took a short video so am hoping that John posts it to Facebook.
After a quick supper, we headed over to play shuffleboard and although I did not win again tonight, John and Ray did.    Kay and I challenged John and Ray in our own mini tournament and each of us won one game.  We were not able to finish the tie breaker as other folks wanted the board and since Kay and I were the winners, we had to play the challengers and actually finished the evening as champs.  We were hot!!
I was back at the bus by 10:00 while some of the rest of the group decided to stay downtown for a while.  Well, they can party on........I am going to bed!!
Hogan sees the Javalina coming

The two babies



No comments:

Post a Comment