Monday, November 5, 2012

Sunday, November 4/2012

It is a freaking herd of sheep!! I guess this is why they call this road Sheep Lane

Not intimidated by the motor home at all

Hogan standing guard (from the inside of the bus!!)  One against 5000 - not
a good ratio for him

Tonight's sunset

Awesome
Well, I did not sleep well last night and am up early this morning so I guess that is just the kind of day it is going to be.  It is chilly here in Nephi being only 6C so I am sitting here with the heat on and a cup of coffee in hand.  We are scheduled to leave this area today and make our way further south (it just may be warmer there) but I am not sure as to when that will be.  With the two party animals being up into the wee hours of the morning, I am not sure if either one of them will be in the mood to drive any distance today.
It was a good day to clean the bus so that is exactly what I did.  All the travelling that we have done has left a film of dust inside this bus that one could write their names in it!!  I started at the front and went from one end to the other.
While cleaning, I heard a faint jingling sound (like a cow bell) and looked out the window to see hundreds of sheep being herded down the road.  Because we were sitting by a little creek, the sheep decided they needed to drink and swarmed the bus.  Poor Hogan was curious and overwhelmed at the same time!!  He didn't have a clue what strange creatures would attack in such a manner.  He was very brave sitting on the dash of the bus growling.  Ya, that's right - those sheep were scared!!  this kept him busy for about an hour when the herd finally moved off.
John headed over to winterize Kay's trailer while I continued cleaning.  When he eventually got back, he said that Kay had decided not to head out as it was late in the afternoon.  Instead she would leave tomorrow morning and make the trip back to Wickenburg in one day instead of two.  In the meantime, John decided to move the bus into the trailer park so that we could dump the tanks, put on water and plug into power.  We had met the park owners a few times since we had arrived and they said that we could settle in the park anytime we wanted at no charge.  (It is good the "know" people!!)
I was done my cleaning by this time so moving did not matter.  It would be nice to get all our little "chores" done though and we would be ready to hit the dusty trail tomorrow as well.
With us settled in the park, it was time to take a minute and enjoy what was left of the sunshine because as soon as it is down, the chill of the evening sets in and without the heat from a campfire, it is ugly.
Kay's neighbour, Johny B came over and joined us for a beverage and showed me his latest painting he did.  He is quite a talented artist and I loved the picture he painted.  I told him it was awesome and that it would look great on the wall in our trailer in Wickenburg.  To my surprise, he asked if I wanted it and he gave it to me!!  Well, I was thrilled but told him he had to sign it for me on the back which he did.  Kay said that she had mentioned the picture to Ray and said that is was awesome so now told me that Ray was going to be so jealous when he saw that I had the picture!!  I assured her that Ray can come and look at it any time he wanted too!!  Ray and Kay have some awesome art in their home in Wickenburg and it is more a case of me being jealous of their artwork!!
With the sun going down, I was able to take a few pics of the sunset and they actually turned out pretty good.  Being in the park, the sun was setting directly behind the campers and I really did not want them in the picture so it was a tricky shoot.  I did manage pretty well though!!
Kay joined us for supper as her trailer is now ready for the winter and the fridge and the cupboards are bare.  After cleaning all day, and John and Kay getting her trailer winterized and her truck packed, no one was too energetic when it came to preparing supper.  It ended up being hotdogs and kraft dinner.  The supper of champions!!  I added a can of tomatoes and made a quick salad of broccoli slaw.  Good enough for the likes of us!!
We watched a bit of football while preparing and eating supper then Kay headed back to her trailer for her final night here in Nephi.  She plans on getting an early start in the morning.
I headed back to the bedroom where Hogan and I cuddled while watching TV.  He needed extra cuddling tonight as he had been a brave dog and guarded me from hundreds of marauding sheep today!!  Tomorrow, we travel...........I am getting closer and closer to that bathtub in Wickenburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment