Thursday, November 29, 2012

Monday, November 26/2012

The sun is shining again today and another nice weather day is on the rise.  I see the Javalina have come   for their morning visit and Hogan is standing at the gate ready to give chase should the need arise.  Maybe by the time the coffee is ready, and him and I go for a short morning walk, they will have moved on.
Back from our walk and all is well in the empty acres on the other side of the fence.  There were a few stragglers (Javelina) around but Hogan was smart enough not to give chase.
Howard, the fellow from Wyoming, who stays in his RV just outside the boundary fence of the empty acres has returned for the winter and the Javelina were checking him out this morning.  There were four over there.  He too,  feeds them while he is here.  It is good that they went to greet him this morning...just to say welcome back!!
My ankle has improved again over night and my limp is less pronounced.  It is a good thing that I rested it over the weekend.  Why, I think I will live after all!!
John and I headed into Surprise today to Home Depot.  We were on a mission to get all the supplies we would need for the the remainder of the trailer renovations.  Well, let me tell you, John is not much of a shopper and we left with everything except the wood.  He was tired of looking for what he needed so opted to return to Wickenburg and get everything at the little lumber yard here in town.  After walking five miles inside Home Depot, my ankle was throbbing and I was trying to figure out a way to kick John's ass with my bad foot!!  I was more than happy to return to the truck and Wickenburg where we did stop at the lumber store and got most of what is needed to finish the reno.  It was quick and painless........except for my now aching ankle!!
Once back at the Park, we stopped at Mitch's and watched a couple of games of horseshoes then, headed to the bus to unload the wood.  John was going to leave it until tomorrow then thought since it was cool out, that tonight might be better to unload it than wait until the sun was beating down on us tomorrow and then we could both have a stroke while unloading it in the heat!!  I too chose to unload tonight!!
It was then time for a refreshment and then it was inside the bus to relax in front of the TV.  Monday night football was on and I headed to the bed to get my ankle up on some pillows.  Hogan was left by himself for part of the day so he was more than willing to cuddle as I am sure he was feeling a bit left out today.   Tomorrow, the renos start so I must get my rest.   Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment