Sunday, November 4, 2012

Saturday, November 3/2012

It was chilly in the bus this morning and I turned the heater on and crawled back to bed.  My throat is not as sore as it was last night so that is a good thing.  I am still coughing like crazy but thank Heavens I brought some Buckley's Cough Medicine with me.  It tastes awful.....but it works!!
I had spoken to Casey yesterday through text while I was medicating myself before heading over to the Lounge and he told me his back felt a bit better since being on that new drug his doctor gave to him.  He also said that his roommate Cameron bought a 1970 Jeep CJ5 for $1500.00 and was excited about picking it up today.  He wants to use it for a bush buggy this summer.  Now that should be fun watching him travel the bush trails with us.  If Casey's back isn't much better by the summer, he just may be riding shotgun with Cameron.  OH DEAR - nothing good will come of that!!  It is one more thing I can look forward to this summer when John and I are back home.
Today we were off again in the truck to do the Leamington Pass Road.  I could not find anything about it on google so really had no info on it before we left.
I packed a box of kleenex and the cough medicine and away we went.
As it turned out, there really was nothing spectacular about the road itself however we did take a spur trail off it and found ourselves travelling a flat rocky road up a canyon.  It looked like there had been a recent fire (perhaps this spring) as the char marks were quite evident on the rocks and the new growth of greenery was growing out of the black burnt stuff.  It was interesting.  All the trees were burnt at the base and the branches barren.  It look unworldly.
We didn't see any wildlife other than a few birds but we met a bunch of cattle being herded down the road towards us so had to stop until they passed.  That was the most excitement of the day!!
We got back into Nephi and the corned beef and cabbage that I had put into the slow cooker before we left was ready so I got some potatoes ready and we ate when they were done.  It certainly was good.
Leamington Pass Road

Not a very comforting sign



Fall flowers - John was the one to spot these first!!

We are in the forest - but I can't see any trees





Looks totally inhospitable

Unusual rock formations





More Fall flowers

Ray and Kay's new Tacoma truck.    We checked out the
four wheel drive system over the last 3 days!!    Works Great!!

Death and regrowth

Fire charred rocks.

Char on the cactus


Beverage Break


Bones

Old Rake


Old Rodweeder


Cattle drive



My evening ended with Hogan and I heading back to the bus and John and Kay heading over to hear the band play at the bar.  John returned to the bus and was mumbling something about Kay kicking his ass in a few games of pool.
I can't imagine we will be leaving tomorrow as Kay's trailer has to be winterized and packed up yet but....it could happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment