Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sunday, November 18/2012

I slept in today.....what the heck is with that.  The sun is already up and shining and it is more than warm in the bus.  As I look outside, the doves and several other species of birds are busy at the birdseed.  I really have to clean these windows again so that I can get a "cleaner" look at them!  Gee, I thought I just did that at Willow Beach but I guess the trip from there to here left enough dirt and dust on them to warrant another cleaning.  Man, I can hardly wait to do that hateful job!!
There are two football games on today.  Both the Eastern and Western Finals are today and the outcome will determine which two teams are in The Grey Cup.  Canadian football is almost over for the season.
It will be the Toronto Argonauts against the Calgary Stampeders in next weeks Grey Cup.  Finally, the Montreal and B.C. dynasties have been tumbled.  It should be a good game.
Between the two games, I got the white lights on one of the big yard trees so now we should have some nice soft light to see by while we sit in the yard after the sun goes down.  Because this tree is bigger than the ones I decorated in the desert, I am short on lights and think that another four strings would look awesome on it.  We will see though, maybe it is good just the way it is too but I am rather "picky" when it comes to my lights!!
Kay and I were mucking around with that stinking "smart" phone again today.  She took the sim card out of her phone and put it into mine and the phone actually hooked up to signal but automatically was in "lock" mode so that did not work as well as we had hoped.  Stupid phone.  I put my sim card back into it and when it turned back on......I had signal.  I was hitting on the AT&T tower and had service!!! Woo Hoo!!  I have no clue what we did, but I have service!!   I became a texting fool for the next hour!!
With the football games over, we spent the rest of the evening in the yard checking out the wildlife.  The javalina came around and since they seem to know that Hogan can not get to their side of the fence, they have no problem with coming in close.  I threw them some cut up raw potato (which they seem to really like and at 69 cents a bag, it is cheap food) and they finished off the dog food that Ray put out for them this morning.  Life is good for them too!!
With the sun down, there is a chill in the air so John started a campfire and we sat around it for a few hours.  Ray had made some green chill stew earlier so I had a bowl of that while we sat around the fire. He knows I don't really like it too hot (as in spicy hot) so made it so that is was not burning my mouth off.  Thanks Ray!!  It was delicious.
Soon enough, everyone was heading in and I was able to catch up on a few of my Sunday night TV shows.  Hogan was more than ready to cuddle under the covers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment