Friday, November 23, 2012

Thursday, November 22/2012

It is American Thanksgiving today and with that, we wish Happy Thanksgiving to all our American Friends.
Hogan and I are up early and have already been out to the empty acres for a bit of a walk.  He managed to chase one Javelina but stopped as soon as I called him back and really, the Javelina stopped too!!  Good Grief, they really are not afraid of Hogan.  He did however wander off into the shrubbery.
I see that the Javalina are starting to dig around the Agave plants that I have planted just outside the fence so I had to place some rocks around the outside of the plant to discourage the destructive little creatures from digging. Hopefully, that helps.  Kay and I planted three along this side of the fence and the javelina have already uprooted one of them and dined on the roots so that one is toast.  Hopefully the rocks around the other two will save them.
The weather is wonderfully warm today and I can't help but wish some of this warmth was back home where I know all my boys in their semis are battling icy roads.
Today, John started ripping the damaged parts of the living room floor up so that it can be replaced.  I was hauling the nasty boards to the fire pit for burning later and doing general cleanup.  I stepped off the step to get John his safety glasses and twisted my ankle ....OMG, did that hurt.  Now, I have a huge swollen ankle and won't be able to move very well for the next few days.  Ice and a tensor provided some relief and all the tears I cried just gave me a headache.  Good Grief - I am a wreck!!  Even the dog is looking at me funny!!
Once the initial pain settled (about an hour later), I was able to hobble out to the lawn chair, prop my ankle up on the table for elevation and watch the birds.  John had to be the one to feed them and the Javalina tonight!!  Nine Javalina came to visit tonight and Mom brought her two little babies quite close to the fence.  They are so cute and are so funny to watch as they try to eat some of the dog food. I don't think they have teeth yet so it is quite comical watching them try to chew.
The new pit
John got the new fire pit put together and before too long, we were sitting in front of it with a good blaze going.  What an awesome pit we bought.  It is a globe of fire and kicks off some mighty fine heat.  The neighbours came over and joined us at the fire about an hour later.  They had been busy all day helping Mitch build his horseshoe pit so were tired and sat around enjoying the fire and relaxing.  It was a nice ending to the day and I hope that my ankle will feel better in the morning although I am not holding my breath,  Everyone knows how a sprained ankle goes!!




No comments:

Post a Comment