Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Saturday, November 17/2012

Oh my gosh, I woke up with an incredible headache this morning.  It was massively banging while I was lying in bed and I am sure that I must have slept wrong (NO, I am not suffering any effect from alcohol as I have not had any for several days now - I am giving my liver a break!!).  I got up and popped a few tylenol and attempted to lie back down but was driven from the bed in the hopes that if I changed positions, that might help.  Oh -  Oh, I only had one cup of coffee yesterday and I am wondering if this has something to do with caffeine.  I am sure I have an addiction and that is not good but Holy Smokes, I can't take this pounding in my head.  I quickly choke down two cups of coffee, and within 90 minutes, the jackhammer has ceased to exist and I just may survive the day.  Unfortunately, I am not sure if this is a result of the caffeine or the tylenol but at this point I am just happy to say adios to the jackhammer!!
There were two little cottontail bunnies out eating at my birdseed this morning along with some doves.  They were cute but quite skittish.  When I was fumbling around trying to get some coffee started, they of course heard the noise and scooted off.  There must have been a few sitting out of my field of vision because I saw at least 6 hop away with the noise.  Awesome!!  Had my head not been ready to fall off my shoulders, I'm sure I would have appreciated them more.
Today, Kay and I went over to get some dishes and usable items out of the abandoned unit for our trailer.  We now are the proud owners of a dish service for 12!!  I am not sure when exactly we are going to be in a position to use all the place settings but I have them when I need them!!
There are a few pieces of antique furniture over there as well that will have to make the trip over here but that will be later on.  All in all, we did pretty well out of this old trailer.
Once we were done with that job, it was time to relax and enjoy the weather.  It is hot again today.  Ray and Kay had already done a dump run and had reloaded their trailer again for another dump run before Kay and I got our stuff out of the old trailer so, they were really ready for a break!!
Tomorrow, I will have to wash all the stuff I brought over and get in put away as John says that we are starting the rest of the renos next week.  Woo Hoo!!  I can't wait to get this place done and liveable.
We spent the rest of the late afternoon and early evening just enjoying the sunshine.  The birds came to feed and the bunnies too.   We counted 6 bunnies and Ray says there were 7 around all summer so I hope that the last one was just being antisocial.  There were no javelina tonight and no bobcat.  What is with that!!
Saturday night means steak so the baked potatoes cooked while we sat around Ray and Kay's little chiminea.  Mitch came over for a while and it was nice to be able to sit and chat with him.  He has been working like a dog down in "the valley" (meaning Phoenix and area) paving roads.  He is now off for a week or so over the American Thanksgiving week.
When the spuds were done, the steaks were thrown on the grill and before too long, John and I were enjoying one of the first great steaks of the winter season.  Mmmmmmm!!
Watching TV in bed has got to be one of life's greatest indulgences and I love it.  Hogan is an awesome cuddler.  What an great day.  We scored some stuff for our trailer and ended the day with great friends and good food.  Life is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment