Sunday, November 25, 2012

Saturday, November 24/2012

My ankle is feeling better again this morning so I think staying off it really helped.  I will do that again today and hopefully, things will be back to almost normal on Monday.  It could happen!!
I managed to hobble outside to see Ray and Kay's new chiminea.  It is bigger than the old one (which now supports a rather large crack after 5 years of use) and is of clay construction with not one, but three sun faces on it.  It looks great and I am sure it will provide many ours of heat for them while sitting out on their back deck this winter.
Mitch, who went with them to Surprise, bought a new barbecue and Kay is not even sure he knows how to barbecue!!  Well now, isn't that something!!
Once back, Ray got busy installing the new chiminea and Kay went up to Mitch's to help him put the BBQ together.  Apparently, Mitch is not too terribly handy when it comes to putting things together!!
I hobbled back into the bus and took up my now rather regular position in the bed with my leg up on four pillows.  My ankle was really throbbing by this point.  Maybe I should have used the crutches!!
Being Saturday, it is steak and baked potato night and John got busy starting a fire in our fancy round fire pit.  It truly is one of the neatest fire pits I have seen.  My ankle was still feeling the effects from my latest foray out of the bus so I had to resort to using the crutches.  I am not very good on them by the way!!
Ray and Kay joined us at the fire and Ray had to keep jumping up to go check on his fire in their new chiminea as he was "curing" it.  Apparently the moisture has to be leached from it with a slow, warm fire.  This way, the clay will not crack once a raging bonfire is set in it.  That kept Ray busy most of the evening.
Mitch eventually joined us and we all sat around the fire enjoying the evening.  Kay, who has been playing horseshoes since the pits were finished, is now much less stiff than she was a few days ago.  She forced herself to play yesterday because she was so terribly stiff from playing the first day and today was even better.  She said she would teach John and I to play once my ankle was better.  I can see another men vs women competition starting.  Should be good.
Eventually, the steaks were cooked and the fire allowed to burn down.  Another day in Arizona has come and gone.  Life is good,

No comments:

Post a Comment