Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sunday, November 25/2012

It is Grey Cup Sunday today and  although the game does not start until 5:00, all the pre game stuff starts at noon.  It is a football kind of day and I hope this game is a good one and not a blowout like some have been in the past.
Yesterday, Kay gave John and I a stained glass version of the Saskatchewan Roughrider Logo and it is awesome.  I will have to hold it up to the sun and take a pic so that John can post it to the blog.  Kay commissioned a woman in Elko, Nevada to make it and she did a wonderful job.  It truly is a unique gift and not one that anyone else has.  Wow - thanks Kay!!
My ankle is feeling much better and I think that if I look after it again today, it will be good to go tomorrow.  Enough of this lying around wounded thing.  That is sooo not me!!
We have to go and buy the rest of the wood products we need for the trailer and tomorrow is the day to do it.  We really need to get into gear although John has all the "nasty" areas of the living room floor  ripped up and ready for replacement.  Once that  is done, the walls should go up fairly quickly and then we can get the kitchen cabinets back up on the wall and deal with getting new appliances.  Woo Hoo!!  It will be nice to be able to start furnishing the joint.
I chatted with Ray and Kay this morning and found out that there was a fire in the water pump house and the park was currently with out water.  Apparently there was some sort of electrical "meltdown" which cause the wiring and whatever else to catch fire.  Smoke was seen billowing out of the pump house and one of the residents quickly got all the power shut off to the park and that I am sure helped control the situation.  Now Ray had to fix the problem and on a Sunday, that might not be such an easy fix.  This of course does not really impact us as we are still living in the bus and although our water tank is on the low side, we can still manage just fine.
I headed into the grocery store this morning for a few things before the big game and managed fairly well with this stupid ankle.  I am sure it will be sore tonight but it still felt good after my excursion into town.
The Toronto Argonauts won the 100th Grey Cup.  It was an awesome game and I am happy for them.  Sooo very glad that the Calgary Stampeders lost!!  Woo Hoo!!
After the game, I headed into the bedroom and got my leg once again, elevated on a stack of pillows.  The swelling around the ankle is still there but my toes are a bit puffy tonight - probably form the whole going into town thing.  Anyway, I can watch TV from there and relax for the rest of the evening.  Life is good.
Thanks Kay!

No comments:

Post a Comment