Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thursday, February 9/2012

Hogan and I are up early and the sun is shining like crazy.  I always know it is going to be a warm day when I can keep the door open at 8:00 o'clock in the morning.
The birds are busy and as I sit here writing this blog, the doves are serenading me with their cooing sounds.  It is quite comforting actually.
I have to scoot into Wickenburg later today as I got a call from the jeweller yesterday saying that my ring is finally repaired and ready for pickup.  He has had it for a month so I will have it back today.  I will drop off my other two rings for some simple repairs as well.  I never did get around to having them repaired last summer so never wore them.  We were not in Saskatoon very much last year so now I don't have to worry about it when I get home cause they will all be fixed.
Back from town and had a bit of time before we head in for shuffleboard so managed to grab a few more hours of sunshine and reading.  The sun was quite hot today so I really could not stay out too long before I was seeking the shade of the palo verde tree here in the "yard".  I thought of Kimmy then and how she would so love the sun today although she would be red in no time.  It was hot enough for a few of her favourite little lizards to be out and about today as well.
We got into the Bar 7 for the shuffleboard tournament and I found out that I was playing tonight as they were short one player.  As it turned out, I was partnered with Kay (one of the best players in the house) so at least we had a good chance of winning.  Well, as it turned out, we kicked ass the first game and then got our asses kicked the second game!!  It is a good thing that no one really cares who wins or who loses.  John was partnered with Ray tonight and they too lost.  At least the burger I had was delicious so the night was not a total loss.  With me being the designated driver, we ended up driving Ray and Kay home and of course staying for a few beer (not me thought cause of the DD designation).  Ray gave John three Michelob beer signs that he had duplicates of for his "man cave" back home.  They date back about 30 years probably so John was thrilled with them.  It was another few hours of fun and good times.  They are a fun couple and seem to enjoy their life.  They too will be leaving for the summer as Kay works with the highways department in Utah for the summer then they return here to Wickenburg for the winter months.  Ray is a retired Forest Service worker.
Finally back at the bus, and John is not quite ready for bed so we end up sitting around the "campfire in a can" for a couple more drinks and since I am home and not having to drive, I enjoyed the same before it was finally time to hit the sheets.  All in all, another good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment