Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday, February 17/2012

It was a chilly ride back to the bus last night but once again, the sun is  shining and it looks like Gold Rush Days will have some good weather this year.  That just makes things better for everyone.
We really have no plans for today and I hope that this is a stay at home and just relax day but who knows, maybe I will feel more energetic later on.
Hogan is currently outside chasing the doves and being generally annoying.  I think they hate him!!  The hummingbird is busy at the feeder and pays Hogan no attention at all.  I believe that the regal little hummingbird thinks that Hogan is "beneath" his station in life!!
As it turned out, the sun shone for a good part of the day and I had a good two hours of suntanning. It was so hot actually that I had to come in and finish reading in the bus!!
John did not feel like going into town to partake in any of the Gold Rush activities and I was happy about that.  Dealing with thousands of extra people is definitely not my idea of fun!!
Keith and Charlotte went in and are planning on going again tomorrow.  The parade is tomorrow and it is the fourth largest parade in Arizona. Sounds like even more people!!
Hopefully we get to stay here in the quiet of the desert tomorrow too.
I got kicked around in the yahtzee game tonight as usual.  I thought that since we had not played in a while, my skill level may have improved - Wrong!!
Salmon, baked potato and asparagus  for supper and it was scrumptious.  All in all, another good day here in the Sonoran Desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment