Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monday, February 6/2012

Nice fire to take the chill off

21 hours till full moon



Mitch, Ray, John and Keith (from left to right)


It is cloudy out this morning and although there have been a few bursts of sunlight through the clouds, it is rather dreary out.  I heard one lone coyote yapping outside the bus this morning and once again, he was not too far away.  I hear it is mating season for them and there has been news coverage as to not approaching them as they are quite aggressive this time of year.
The birds are busy of course.  It seems the only thing that affects them is when it is too windy.  Yesterday we had a Gila Woodpecker at the feeder so I wonder if he will be around today.  It is a good thing that I have a container of water out for them as he was rather thirsty little thing.  He has a patch of bright red on his head and it looks like someone stuck their thumb in a batch of paint and then stuck it on his head.
I think I will take a trip into town today with the laundry.  It is once again, time!!
Hogan and I headed in and while there, I went to Alco and purchased one of those Babycakes cake pop makers for Erin. The boys should totally enjoy this!!
When we got back to the bus, John told me that Ray was coming over with a load of wood for us and that they would be here soon.
It wasn't too long before we heard their truck and out popped Ray, Kay and Mitch.  The wood was unloaded and then out came the beer cooler and we commenced to emptying it!!  Keith and Charlotte wandered back from their hike and the seven of us sat around the fire enjoying the evening and conversation.  It was a lot of fun and there was a lot of beer consumed!!
Eventually everyone left and it was time for me to cook supper. I was in bed shortly thereafter!!  It was fun tonight though and I got some awesome shots of the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment