Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sunday, February 5/2012

The girls preparing the Super Bowl feast 
Superbowl Sunday!!  The sun is shining and it looks like it is going to be another great day.  I was up early as there were a few things I wanted to do before Keith and Charlotte arrived for the game.
Once I finished my coffee and did the Facebook/Blog thing, I got busy peeling apples for the pie.  With that done, I started the generator and popped it into the oven.  I then quickly made a No-Bake cream cheese tart complete with slices of fresh fruit on top and I must say, it looked pretty damn good - even if I do say so myself!!  I then got some of the stuff ready for the pizza - chopped onions, peppers, olives, etc so that I wasn't doing that tedious stuff while company was here.
I then had to sit and read my book for a while because the day is just not the same unless I get at least an hour or two of reading in!!
John eventually got up and by this time, I needed a nap so did that too!!
It was into the shower following my nap and I quickly finished off all sorts of little jobs before Keith and Charlotte arrived and the game started.
For the next 4 hours, we enjoyed the game, and ate ourselves to the point of being overfull!!  Of course Keith loved the Japanese Chicken Wings and all the pizzas tasted great.  Dessert was good too and I tasted my first Red Velvet Cupcake.  Deliciously moist and now I can see why my niece Erin is always talking about red velvet cake.
With the end of the game, Keith and Charlotte headed home and John and I watched the premiere of The Voice then, we too headed to bed where we watched a bit more TV before actually falling asleep.
All in All, it was another great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment