Monday, February 13, 2012

Sunday, February 12/2012

Being the Designated Driver certainly does have its advantages.  I am up early and I feel good!!  The sun is shining and the birds are singing although the feeder is low of food and I now must make the trek to the trailer to refill it.  I heard Hogan growling and looked out to see where he was headed and saw a couple of Gambel Quail !!  OMG, I have been looking for them around here since we arrived and now here is the stupid dog,  chasing them.  I hollered at him to "come" but by this time,  the quail were gone.  I only hope that they will return as they really are something to watch.
I have no plans for today and hope to spend it relaxing and doing - Nothing!!  It will be nice to just sit and recoup from the last few days of activity.  I love riding the trails but believe me, it can be rather bumpy at times and I swear I felt my arms lengthen a few times yesterday and that is not natural!!
Keith and Charlotte brought over a barrel of water for us in their new fancy blue water barrel so our job today was to pump it into the bus.  Gosh, and I thought this was going to be a "no work" day!!
The sun continued to shine off and on all day today but it was accompanied by a bit of a breeze which made sitting outside a bit chilly - especially when the sun went behind a cloud.  John and I wandered down to Keith and Charlotte's campsite for a few beverages and while there enjoyed the antics of the two hummingbirds that were fighting over her feeder.
Eventually, we all moved to the trailer where we were protected from the wind and sat around the "campfire in a can" for a few more hours, once again, solving all the world's problems!!  It was soon time for supper so we each retired to our respective homes and did what needed to be done.
The Grammy awards were on tonight so John and I spent the evening watching TV while he uploaded one video and some pics to the blog.  Then, it was time to crawl into bed where we watched the season premiere of The Walking Dead.   Another good day has come and gone and by the sounds of it, the good weather has left us as well, apparently, until next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment