Saturday, February 25, 2012

Friday, February 24/2012

    Hogan and I are up early and of course the birds are out of seed in the feeder so that was my first job of the day. Gosh, it isn't even 8:00 a.m. and already I am working!!
It was hot all day with the sun shining brightly and although I love the sun - well - so do the rattlesnakes so now it is imperative that we all start watching where we walk.  I drove into town today to see about getting the power hooked up in our name at the trailer then stopped at the Neon Sign Shop where I had to pick up a "Five O'clock Somewhere" sign for the man cave.  We have already bought three signs from the guy and since I wanted this one, he agreed to give me a smaller sign for free - hell ya!!  Unfortunately, he forgot to bring me my free sign so promised to have it here next week.
We will be leaving the desert here and moving to the new digs where we can start the much needed renovations on the mobile home we purchased.  I am so excited I can hardly wait.  It will certainly be a surprise for our boys when they finally read the blog and see what new adventures John and I are involved in now!!  Once the renos are done, we will have a second bedroom for any visitors that may travel our way.  Nice!!
John BBQ pork chops for supper and they were deliciously moist and tender.  Man, that guy can cook.  Too bad he has a aversion for the stove in the kitchen - What is with that!!  He tells me he is the "outside" cook.  I should not complain because we really do enjoy a lot of BBQ food.
John spent the evening in a heated battle of scrabble.  One with Jace and one with Kimmy in which he got his arse kicked rather soundly in both games!!  It did not sit very well with him so now the game is on!!  If this goes on for any length of time, I may have to invest in a scrabble dictionary because some of the words this game allows on the computer, I have never seen before.  Who thought "QI" was a word!!
I finished reading my book while John played scrabble then it was lights out and time for the ever important, much needed, beauty rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment