Monday, February 20, 2012

Sunday, February 19/2012

I was up by 8:00 a.m. and feeling only a bit "out of sorts" and was truly glad that I had gone to bed early and actually re-evaluated my role as designated driver ..... it is easier on the system!!  I was the first up and so decided to go for a bit of a walk out into the acreage behind Ray and Kay's.
It was rather interesting with all the different birds.  It is funny how the variety changes simply by a few miles.  I have yet to see cardinals out in the desert and there has been virtually no quail where we are but here, there are plenty of both.  I hooked up to an animal trail, which I assume is used by the numerous javelina and walked until I came to the remnants of a house that looks like it was started,  then abandoned.  Walking back, I saw a cute little rabbit and couldn't help but notice the happy singing of the birds.  There are all sorts of sounds here in the desert if one just takes the time to listen.
Ray was up by the time I got back.  He already had the coffee ready (for which I was quite grateful) then went out to feed his birds.  We then sat back and enjoyed the entertainment provided by his fine feathered friends.  Today, he had a Western Scrub Jay join the flock.  Apparently he has been around before and enjoys the dog food that Ray puts out for the javelina.
Eventually John got up looking a bit ragged around the edges.  After a cup of coffee, we headed back to the bus - Kay was still in bed enjoying a rare sleep in!!
Back at the bus, we had a quick chat with Keith (who had been looking after Hogan) then, John headed back to bed "for a rest" and I sat in the chair reading for the rest of the day.  It was quiet and relaxing.
Because we missed our usual baked potato and bbq steak last night, that is what was on tonight's menu.
The rest of the evening was spent quietly watching TV and eventually heading to bed for some more sleep.   Gosh, this partying for a living is awful hard on the system!!

No comments:

Post a Comment