Friday, February 17, 2012

Thursday, February 16/2012

The sun is shining like crazy this morning and it looks like the weather has finally turned around.  Hopefully it stays nice and the wind stays away.
It is shuffleboard night tonight so already my mouth is watering for that wonderful burger that is served at the "7".  This is my one weekly indulgence and my reward to myself for being the designated driver.
Today, we headed over to Ray and Kay's for a few drinks before leaving for the bar.  The Northern cardinal was out and about again as well as what I believe was a mockingbird as it had this rather long tail. I will have to remember to take my binoculars over the next time  I go to get a much better view of them.   Even the javelina came out for a quick visit before we left.
I was spared the indignation of playing in the tournament tonight and that is good although I did get up and play a couple of games after just to keep my incredible skills up to par!!  John was my partner and we played Kay and Mitch who, by the way, were tonight's shuffleboard champions.  We unfortunately got our asses kicked!!  It is a good thing that no one really cares if they win or lose.
Being the designated driver again, we drove back to Ray and Kay's cause Lord only knows they all needed more beer and stayed there for a few more hours.
Eventually we made it back to the bus where you would have thought that we had been away for days as Hogan was so happy to see us.  Keith and Charlotte had let him out of the bus earlier and check on him when we go into town and don't take him.
Tomorrow, Gold Rush is in full swing and all the cops I have talked to are so not looking forward to this weekend.  Traffic tie ups, drunks and fist fights!!  Three of the local constabulary walked through the bar last night setting off a rather heated discussion as to whether they should or should not do so.  I think it ended with an agreement to disagree.
All in all, it was yet another good day and I am so ready for the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment