Friday, February 3, 2012

Thursday, February 2/2012

It is Groundhog Day today and by all reports none of the four legged furry little creatures can agree on whether or not there is going to be another six weeks of winter.  Some saw their shadows and some did not so I guess the only thing one can do is to assume there will be 6 more weeks of winter or perhaps others prefer to hope for an early Spring.  We will not be getting any definitive answers from the groundhogs!!
Either way, it is Spring here in the Sonoran Desert and the groundhog would have definitely seen his shadow.
It is windy today but the sun is shining and so I shall not complain.  Mom and Georgie arrived in Phoenix yesterday and we didn't hear anything from them so we assume they had a good flight and arrived safe and sound.  I talked to Mom a few days before they left and both her and Georgie were anxious to leave.  The two of them will be busy while they are here and I am not even sure if they will have time for a visit with John and I!!
We headed into Wickenburg this evening for the weekly shuffleboard tournament, supper and some refreshments.  It was yet another good time and we left Bar 7 in time to stop at the Rancher to have one final refreshment with Dina.  We found out that Bill now has a new job and while I was there, he called wondering about a ride home.  I was volunteered to go pick him up so we were able to have a visit with Bill too. He is now working at the Motel 8 and says it is OK although he did like the outside work of the Shell Gas Station However, with all their financial struggles, it was time for him to look for something more stable.
We were home before midnight then John had to play one game of Yahtzee before I finally headed to bed.
We were invited out to quad again on Saturday with Ray and Kay so I now need to change my schedule and cook the Japanese Chicken Wings tomorrow for the game Sunday.  So much to do - So little time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment