Monday, June 20, 2011

Wednesday, June 15/2011

We are up early today.  The bus gets the new windshield today and the appointment if for 7:30.  Once we drop it off at Speedy, John takes me over to Walmart and I start the day shopping like some crazy fool.  I have only today to get everything I need as we will be heading back to Leoville for the weekend.
John is so not a shopper so I dropped him off with Jim and Jace.  They are getting Jace's truck ready for his trip tomorrow to Calgary.  Now that he is out of  my hair, I can get into shopping mode and get all my stuff done.
I eventually had to go back and pick John up as the bus was ready.  With this done, I unloaded several of my packages and carried on finishing off my "to do" list.
I had a quick visit with Jan and Erin and the boys.  They loved all the Avon stuff I brought them and I must say that I loved leaving it behind.  With all the music and the noises coming from the animated decorations, I was glad that it would be Erin that was listening to them at Christmas time!!
Once back at the bus, with my shopping completed, we settled down to watch game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.  As it turned out, the game winners were the Boston Bruins and after 39 years of waiting for the cup, I guess no one can begrudge them the win.   The Vancouver Canucks were just outplayed, out scored and out lasted - it was a game of Survivor!!
Unfortunately, some of the so called Vancouver fans (and I use this term very loosely) started a riot which ended in cars being set on fire and several people hurt.  It was a disgusting display and shame on those participating in this kind of behavior.  It is indeed a very black eye for the city.
With visions of riots in our heads, it was time to get to sleep.  We are returning to Leoville tomorrow to get ready for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment