Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturday, June 4/2011

It is dreary and windy this morning - again.  Man, this is becoming a habit.
I looked outside at the Sami and noticed that the front tire on the driver's side is flat so obviously we ran over something or, perhaps we have more trees jammed along the bead. Now wouldn't that be a cheaper fix!!  Oh well, I guess that is the price you pay for being out on the trails.  It is a good thing that there is a garage right here in Leoville and they fix tires.
Once I caught up on facebook and the emails and chatted to Charlotte in Arizona (who is expecting a temperature in the 100's today!!) I text Beef to see if he was ready to go for our daily walk.  He was still in bed!!  At least I was half dressed!!
Half an hour later, we were walking down the road.  Charley decided to walk with us today since there was no school.  We added an extra half mile to our travels today and by the time I was back in Leoville, I was glad it was only an extra half mile!!  My legs were really tired and protesting rather loudly!!  I had walked backwards a few times today and am wondering if that is what has made them ache so much.  I used different muscles.
Once back at the bus,  I decided to make Dave a rhubarb cake (I had promised to do that for him a couple of days ago).  Shirley came by and said that Dave and his brother went off fishing and she was not feeling well so planned to just rest for the day.  I got a couple of foil baking pans from her and made the cakes and once they were cooled, took them over to her so that they had desert for supper.
It was time for the second game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs by the time I had finished my delivery, so we sat and cheered on Vancouver, who, by the way, won the game and now are headed to Boston for game three.  Go Canucks Go!!
After the game, John headed outside to turn the BBQ on and start a fire.  It is still a bit chilly out and so the fire had to be big to chase away the chill.  Steak and baked potato were once again on the menu - it is Saturday you know!!  It was great!!
Bed soon followed - my legs are still aching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment