Monday, June 20, 2011

Friday, June 17/2011

I was up early and although I was feeling a bit ragged around the edges, I started weeding the garden.  I got several rows done before I quit as it was starting to rain.  It looks like it could rain all day.  The sky is heavy and although it is warm out, one can smell rain in the air.
Shirley came over and we headed into Spiritwood for eggs and to do a bit of shopping. Like I really need to do more!!  We were gone a couple of hours and man did it rain!!  It looks like the rally weekend will be a wet one.
We heard from Jace and he and Kim are finally on their way up (Kim had to work until 4) but ran into a fatal car accident so had to find their way around it as the highway was closed to traffic.  Eventually, they were able to get back onto the highway and sent us a message saying that they would just continue on to the lake and will see us tomorrow.
Casey sent us a text saying that him, Tori and Bailey would be coming up after Tori gets off work on Saturday.  These three will be the only kids we have staying with us. Jim will be here as well as he says the kids "party" too much for him!!
It has rained all day - a constant steady soak the ground and leave puddles everywhere.  The trails will be so wet.  I can't imagine that the winches will not be needed!!  I had better wear my rubber boots as shoes will just not do!!  I need my beauty rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment