Monday, June 13, 2011

Sunday, June 12/2011

I was awake at 9 a.m. which,  considering that only gave me about 4 hours sleep, I was starting out pretty darn good,  I saw Jimmy with a  garbage bag in his hand and knew that the clean up was about to start.  Between Jim. Scott, Jill and myself, we had the yard cleared of all the garbage which included a couple of completely smashed beer bottles (presumably run over by the various trucks that performed the rather controversial "burnouts" last night).
As the morning progressed, the hoards of kids started to greet the day and soon many of them had their tents down and were headed home.  Of course all our "kids" (which numbered close to 10) needed breakfast so I got to cooking and it was bacon, sausage, eggs and toast for everyone.
With breakfast done, it was time to wait for the people to come and take the big tent down.  They required about 5 people to assist with the task.  With their arrival, the tent was down and packed up in no time.  It was much quicker taking it down that putting it up!!  That of course is a good thing as there is an impending rain storm heading this way and who needs to be doing the tent thing in the rain.  I can hear the thunder!!
Eventually, all that remained in the yard were John and I and Joyce and Jim's daughter and her family.  There was peace in the yard once again.  Theresa and her family would be returning to Calgary tomorrow and John and I would be heading into Saskatoon after he got  the big white truck running and I finished cleaning out the bunk so that it could be sold.
The evening was spent just relaxing and enjoying the silence in the yard.  We watched a bit of TV then it was time to go to bed and catch up on our sleep!!  The weekend was finally over but next weekend is looming on the horizon - it is the Father's Day rally in Leoville and we will be seeing the "kids" again!!
I really better get to sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment