Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday, June 10/2011

The rising of the tent








Cutting the wood

Beer and pizza




We have fire
I was up early and the weather was wonderful.  The sun is shining and there is just enough breeze to keep the mosquitoes away.  It will be a sunburn day for any fair skinned person.
Tyler has his two boys today so they were up early and since it was only the two of us out here camping in Jim's "park like" yard, I wandered over for coffee.  Tyler even cooked me breakfast!!
I was expecting to see Jace this morning and check out his new camper however Jimmy came over to tell me that he was headed to Calgary in Scott's truck as the driver that was supposed to take the trip was sick so Jace took it instead.  Damn!!  I will have to wait until tomorrow now.
As the day progressed, the wind came up a bit but it remained sunny.  The tent arrived and by the time it got here, we had plenty of people to assist us it getting it erected.  It was quite a production but once it was up, it proved to be a wonderful idea for the weekend.  The tables were set up along with the chairs and then the decorating started.  Scott and I strung blue LED lights along the top of the whole tent and Joyce was busy with a Mexican theme for the rest of the decorations.  She had pots of real flowering plants on each table, palm trees and sombreros.  It look great!!
As the day progressed, more guests arrived and it started to look like a party!!
Beer and pizza for supper and more refreshments at the bar.  John started a campfire and those who wished to sit around it did so.  Because I had such a lousy sleep last night, I decided that I would go to bed early so by 9:30, I was wrapped in the warmth of my wonderful sheets and slipped into the glorious quiet of sleep.  John came in much later and I never heard another thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment