Friday, June 3, 2011

Thursday, June 2/2011

It had rained a bit during the night but the garden still needs more.  The day is dreary and it definitely looks like rain.
I don't know if it was the clean smelling sheets, but last night I was dreaming about trying to get away from a forest fire.  Every time I woke up then went back to sleep, I found myself right back into the dream.  What is with that.  i am exhausted this morning!!  I swear I used "spring fresh" fabric softener and not "smoky forest fire"!!  I was so glad to see green grass and trees outside when I woke up this morning!!
I text Jace last night to see what he was up to and he said he was at the farm and they were having a party.  They had just finished all the seeding.  They seeded 14,000 acres and were now done.  I reminded him that  we had not seen him in quite a while and ask him to pencil us into his schedule now that the farm work was done for a while.  He reminded us that we will see him next week at Scott and Jill's wedding party in Langham.
John and I had planned on traveling down to Saskatoon - hopefully to get the windshield replaced on the bus then head to Langham for the party.  We will get there a few days early as John wants to get the big truck ready to sell. Now wouldn't that be nice?
Beef and I set out on a walk today and ended up walking about two miles.  He kept good pace but did say I walked fast!!  We are hoping to be dedicated enough to walk every day - weather permitting.  It would be so good for both of us.
On our walk today, Hogan had plans to meet and greet a skunk which Beef saw before me and yelled at the dog.  It is a good thing that Hogan listens because I have no idea where he would sleep if he managed to get tangled up with a stinky old skunk.
We then saw a coyote (Hogan didn't) and were rather astounded that he was so close to town.  They really have very little fear of people and adapt probably better than most species to their habitat being encroached upon.  The coyote is a survivor - is that not the first line in an Ian Tyson song?
Once back in town. I stopped to raid Beef's Mom's rhubarb patch and got one of her baking pans so that I could make them a rhubarb coffee cake and after a short rest, walked the rest of the way home.
 I made the cakes then relaxed with my book.
The day remained dreary with the threat of rain.  It was a good day to just relax and enjoy life.  John cooked burgers on the grill for supper and we finished off the evening watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment