Monday, June 6, 2011

Sunday, June 5/2011

It comes as no surprise that it is once again dreary.  I had better start taking some vitamin D as I am sure I will be deficient soon!!  A few sporadic hours of sunshine just does not cut it!!
I got up and popped a couple of tylenol in preparation for the walk this morning!!  My legs are still a bit upset with yesterday's walk but I'm afraid that I will just have to grin and bare it!!  The walk must go on!!
Back from the walk and today Charley did not start with us.  Instead, he met us on our way back and the little brat was on his bike!!  This of course is better than not meeting us at all.  We saw two coyotes on the way back into town and they both looked to be quite large.  Neither Beef nor I brought the binoculars or the camera.
I watered the garden when I got back from the walk as it remained cloudy and the water would certainly not evaporate from the heat of the sun!! Once I was done that, the rain clouds rolled in and dropped a good steady rain on the ground so hopefully, that is the boost the garden needs.
I started cleaning the pop bottles today as the beer is almost ready to bottle.  I want to get it out of the carboy and into the bottles before we leave for the wedding party on the weekend.  Cleaning the bottles is time consuming and a bit of a pain in the ass but it needs to be done.  With the job finally done, it is time for me to sit and relax and enjoy the rest of the day.
Dave and Shirley came over for a short visit.  They came to tell us that he is hoping to buy the Samurai that is advertised on the Internet.  He is hoping to see it on Tuesday.  Dave was suffering big time from his quad ride yesterday and perhaps this is the reason he has decided to look into the little Sami.  John has told him a few times that it is a lot easier on the body than quadding.
With supper done (and the dishes!!)), it is once again time to relax, wind down from the day's activities and head to bed.  I have walking to do tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment