Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thursday, June 23/2011

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like a good day for a walk.  When I text Beef, he tells me we have an appointment in Mom's garden when we get back from our walk!!  Sounds like it is time to pick weeds!!
It was hot walking today but my legs sure felt a lot better than they did on Tuesday.  I think I may survive this walking thing we have going!!
Once back in the yard, we tackled the weeds.  Beef's Mom was just about to start weeding and we arrived just in time!!  With the three of us doing it, we were done before noon and Gale was so pleased that it was done.  Now all that is needed if for Beef to rototill between the rows and it will look awesome.  Her garden is coming along very nicely and I think that Gale will be pleased with all the vegetables she will get from it this year.   Even the pumpkins are doing well which is a good thing considering last year's disaster with them.
Once back at the bus, I decided that my garden needed a little tending and started weeding it.  Eventually Shirley came over and we sat around chatting and having a few refreshments while waiting for Dave to get back from Saskatoon.
Dave arrived home and soon after that Gary arrived back from a day on the lake fishing.  Soon we had a fire blazing and we chatted until it was time for supper and bed.  All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment