Friday, June 10, 2011

Tuesday, June 7/2011

First trail ride for Daves new Sami
OMG!!  I awoke to the most beautiful sunshine this morning.  I am sure the garden will flourish under this warmth.
I decided to do up another couple dozen pickled eggs for the weekend.  John and I have managed to eat the last ones I did and boy, were they good.  We have not had pickled eggs in years and I had forgotten just how good they were.   I will share the next batch with the boys as I think they like them too (if I remember correctly).

It's not grown up yet

Gettin a little mud on the tires (notice the bumper is still on)

Oh Oh no bumper!

Sunset through the trees




Road block

No problem!

Moon showing its self
I will also make another rhubarb coffee cake for the weekend just in case the boys want some.  It is so much better to make this stuff when the boys are around.  This way, John and I do not have to eat it all ourselves!!  It is a good thing I am walking everyday!!
Back from the walk and time to relax!!  This daily walking is a lot of work!!  Once I recovered from the walk I knew I had to get some laundry done.  I got it together and headed over to the laundromat.  While there,  I washed the Sami to get the mud off from our last ride.  What an ugly job!!
With the laundry done,  John and I sat outside in the shade and had a beer.   We wondered if Dave (who had gone into Saskatoon to maybe purchase a suzuki) had bought the little truck.  Our questions were answered about a half an hour later.  Up drives Dave with his purchase - a red and black suzuki samurai!!  Once Dave and John had given it the seal of approval, we had to take it out to the trails for its inaugural trail ride.
We headed into the trails and it wasn't too long before he was stuck!!  Dave hooked the tow rope onto his bumper and before anyone could say "go", the bumper was lying in the mud!!  Holy Cow!! We have already wrecked Dave's truck!!  On closer examination of the bumper, Dave discovered that it was only held onto the truck by freaking wire!!  Definitely not something that will withstand a tow!!  With the bumper safely stowed in the back seat, we continued down the trail.
For a stock Sami with lousy tires, it did remarkably well.  It only required towing twice and chugged through all the puddles and obstacles the trail had to offer.  I think Dave loves his little truck!!
We got home late (as usual), had a quick supper and headed to bed.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment