Saturday, June 11, 2011

Thursday, June 9/2011

Our spot in the yard
Today, we are heading to Langham for this weekend and Scott and Jill's wedding party.  First on my list of duties however is my daily walk with Beef.  Once I returned to the bus, I had several other jobs that required my attention.  By three o'clock, we were headed down the road.
We arrived at Jimmy's around five and immediately started helping with the preparations.  Jace and Tyler were already there and much of the stuff was already organized.
The blue tarps were stapled to the walls to hide all the work benches and the tools, the "bar" area was organinzed and the tables were set up for the food.  Everytime the fridge door was opened, I got the very distinct aroma of onions and was told that it came from the lamb that Jim had marinating for the supper on Saturday.  My mouth is watering already!!
With most of the jobs done, it was time for a few refreshments.  Jim has to work tomorrow so went to bed early.
The rest of us stayed up a little later than that but eventually everyone had to call it a day and head to bed.  Tomorrow was another big day - the tent was coming and that required a group effort to get it up and ready.
Gettin the shop ready

Jill and her dad

The blue wall




Sat supper Lamb






No comments:

Post a Comment