Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Saturday, March 19/2011

Super  Moon


Fire dying down


Lone coming into Box Canyon

Box Canyon

Lorne and John

Marilyn Wading

Time for a beverage

Yes that's a Parrot !

Working our way up Box Canyon

Traffic coming the other way

Quads

Gate keeper

Desert Flower

Checking out Weaver Ghost Town

Checking out Stanton Ghost Town

Behind the bar

Lorne and Marilyn

John

More Super Moon

I awoke a few times during the night, took more decongestant then fell back to sleep.  This morning, I feel a bit better and am sure with the decongestant that remains in the box, I will be able to breath for the rest of the day!!
Hogan slept late - no Coors around to get him up early!!  It is cloudy out this morning and I hope it clears up a bit because tonight is the Super Moon!!
Lorne and Marilyn are supposed to be here around 11am to pick us up for our adventure to Stanton Ghost Mine.  They haven't seen it yet so are excited for the trip.
The trip to Stanton was awesome but the stop at Box Canyon was by far the high light of the trip.  Compared to last year, there was hardly any water in the box.  We were able to drive to the very end and out the other side.  Last year, we had to turn around as it was too deep to continue.  We sat on the sand, beside the water that was flowing and had a beverage and watched several quads (one with a parrot on the handlebar) trucks and horses enjoy the canyon as well.  It was awesome.  I finally got to see a roadrunner this year.  I was wondering if I would and was pleased to spot one just before Stanton.  We took the back way up to Yarnell and I can't imagine the ride that would have been in a stagecoach!!
We had supper at Nickols West restaurant in Congress - it was good and then came back to the campsite and sat around the fire for a bit.  My cold was kicking the crap out of me and it wasn't too long before Lorne and Marilyn headed back into town and I headed to bed!!  To heck with the super moon!!
John said he got some pictures of the moon and it was awesome but when I woke up around midnight, it was pretty cloudy out although it was bright outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment