Friday, March 18, 2011

Tuesday, March 15/2011



The dogs are back into their 6am routine again!!  I managed to ignore them till 6:40 then admitted defeat and got up.  I had to be up early anyway because when I was chatting to Trueman last night he said Randy from Los Caballeros would be here early this morning to check on the injured cow.  Sure enough, he arrived at 7:20 and yes, I was dressed!!  I did not think that my pink fuzzy pyjama bottoms would be appropriate!!  He promised to take a look at the cow and get it some help.  The herd had not wandered too far during the night as I can still hear them bawling this morning.
I had a quick chat with Keith this morning.  Both him and Charlotte were feeling a bit ragged around the edges yesterday and both are feeling better today.  Charlotte had heard from Ben this morning and apparently he sounds good.  I sent him a quick email yesterday so I think I will phone him this morning.
I am not sure what is on the agenda for today and will have to wait until the lovies are out of bed.  The kids want stir fry for supper, so that is an easy fix!!
As the day progressed, I started feeling sicker and sicker and after a quick trip into town for supplies, I returned home felling worse than ever.  John, Kim and Jace had remained at home and were well into the beer and cribbage by the time I arrived back at camp.  We played a couple of games of kaiser then I went and laid down for a bit.
Trueman had stopped by earlier, before I went into town with some beer to "restock" what he had drank.  I think he has had maybe 6 beer in two years!!  What a goof!!  When I was napping, he stopped again with a 45 gallon plastic water drum we can use for hauling water.
I told the kids I wasn't up to preparing the stir fry thing so they had a gourmet meal of macaroni and canned tomatoes (Kim's choice) and bbq pork chops with mushroom sauce (Jace's choice).  These kids are sooo hard to please!!!
With supper over, we sat around the campfire for a while, Charlotte and Keith joined us and with all of us yawning, we were soon headed in that direction.  I took more drugs and went to sleep hoping to feel much better in the morning.  Jace said something about taking the cribbage board to bed with them and I immediately asked if they slept with the board, would it make them better cribbage players and suggested they take the kaiser cards also!!

No comments:

Post a Comment