Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saturday, March 5/2010

Ben (left) John, Keith (under truck)

Keith

Trueman's daughter Carleen (middle)

Trueman and Marie
I woke up early this morning (about 7am)  and SOMEONE had left the one window open for the night and it was definitely chilly in this bus!!  And here I was just gloating about how I didn't need the darn heater anymore!!  Oh well, no big deal - turn it on then go back to bed for a half hour.  The sun will be up soon and its rays will be streaming into the big windows and once again, all will be well with my world!!
Hogan was disturbed this morning as well.  There were some early horseback riders out and about with their two dogs and he was not at all pleased by their presence this early in the morning.  He likes to sleep a little later that 7am!!  Lazy Damn Dog!!
We heard from Jace yesterday and they are supposed to be leaving today at 6am and will meet us tomorrow evening at Kingman.  They will hand over the Granddog, then head to Vegas for the wedding then, come out to the desert on Thursday for a week.  I can hardly wait!!  It will be nice to have the kids here for a while.
Ben came for a visit today and stayed for a while chatting with us and Charlotte and Keith.  Grace and Hogan once again, ran around like a couple of idiots.  Everett has left and gone to Phoenix for a couple of weeks and so I guess that means that Grace will be here with us while Ben is in the hospital.  It is a good thing that Jace's dog Coors is a friendly soul as well and although three dogs is not ideal, I am sure that once I have shown them that I am the boss, we will all get along just fine!!
Keith rotated all the tires on Charlotte's truck with both John supervising him.  He did well and with the newly discovered air bags pumped up to where they needed to be and the tires at the proper inflation, I think Charlotte will notice a bit change in the way the truck handles her fifth wheel trailer.  She remains nervous over all the things she doesn't know about the truck and the RV but once again, I can't help but admire her determination, strength and bravery in tackling this lifestyle.  I just know in my heart that all things will work out for her in the end.  Good things come to those that wait Charlotte
Trueman and his daughter  Carleen came for supper tonight.  It was so nice to meet her.  She is a grade 7 school teacher in Minnesota.  We sat around the campfire and enjoyed chicken and potato salad.  It was good but the conversation was better.  It was Carleen's first trip to the desert and the awe that I heard in her voice about the scenery reminded me of my first time to this desert.  It truly is, something to behold.
With everyone fed and watered, our  company left for home and John and I continued to sit around the fire until it had burned down.
We heard from Jace and Kim tonight and they have made it to Butte, Montana.  All is well with them and we are to meet tomorrow in Kingman.  It is a couple of hours from here so John and I will leave around 2 o'clock and that should leave me time to do the Walmart thing!!
Time to hit the bed and get our beauty rest for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment