Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Saturday, March 12/2011

Another great sunset!

Chitty Chattin

Gotta end the night with a fire!

Kimmy pouring paralyzers  
I was up early (as usual) so decided to hop into the truck and get the laundry done and do some grocery shopping.  Jace had forgot his flip flops so I was on a mission to find something for him to put on his feet other than his runners.
When I got back from town, Jace was sitting in the sun, in the lawn chair, with a long sleeved shirt and his sweats on!!  OMG - heat stroke!!  He is still sick - cold, flu, aching all over, etc.  Of course, it is all Kim's fault!!  I drugged him up and he went back to bed.
Kim had gone for a bit of a hike by herself while I was in town and was rather disappointed that the dogs had not gone with her.  She said they both looked at her as if she had two heads - "what, you want us to walk in THIS heat"!!!  She did however see a lizard and a chipmunk on her travels.
Because she had been out in the sun for too long, she was getting a sunburn.  I found the sunscreen and told her to use it!!  God, these kids!!  She is so fair that she will be a lobster by the end of the day!!
To get Kim out of the sun for a while, John and I taught her how to play yahtzee.  I am sure that John thought he now had two women he could crush!!  As it turned out, Kim was a much more formidable opponent and I am very proud to say ..... I came in last  ..... again!!  God, I hate this game!!
Jace got up feeling a bit better and challenged Kim and I to a game  and he kicked our arses!!  Like father, like son!!  Jace, Kim and I played outside and Kim was getting too much sun again so we headed back into the motorhome for Kaiser.  Now Jace and Kim thought they could actually give us a game and although I must admit they beat us rather soundly the first game, John and I ended up showing these two young pups how to play the game!!  We won the set and they were sad!!  I think there were tears!!
Kim decided that she was due for a Paralyzer so poured those and now John has decided he has found a "new drink".  Thanks Kim,  what was wrong with vodka, a splash of coke and water?
Charlotte and Keith wandered over for some fireside conversation.  Keith showed Kim and Jace his "google sky" application on his phone so they spent some time checking out all the stars in the sky.  It really is quite a fascinating thing.
The kids were getting hungry so without further ado, John got their supper of steak and baked potatoes on the bbq and in no time at all, they were fed and ready for bed.  Jace took more drugs and left the evening with the hopes of feeling better tomorrow.
John cooked our supper while the fire burnt down and we ate inside watching the horror of the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan on TV.  It is hard to imagine this kind of destruction when all is well in our little corner of the Sonoran Desert.  I think I would rather face off with a rattlesnake than face the horrors of what is happening over there.
All in all, it was an awesome day here in the desert and hopefully Jace is feeling better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment