Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friday, March 18/2011

Checking out the cactus

John and Lorne

Sun going down

Time to head home
There's a deer in there!

Getting Monique ready to go

Hauling stuff

One last beer

Bye Bye

Coors is ready

Bye Coors
I am up early this morning - even before the dogs!!  They both looked at me as if I had two heads!!
The sun is shining and once again I am going have to put up with the sunshine!!  Kim will be sad to have to leave it but am afraid that little girl is not totally sun friendly.  She had hives on her yesterday from the sun but actually has a pretty good start on her tan.  She will have something to brag about when she gets back to Saskatoon.
Tomorrow is supposed to be "the super moon" so that will be interesting.  For the last week or so, the moon has been extremely bright.  So much so, that a flashlight is not really even needed.  I guess the reason for this is the fact that this year (and more specifically tomorrow) the moon orbit brings it the closest to the earth that it has been since 1993.  It will appear 14% larger and 30% brighter.  Can anyone say "photo shoot"!!!
As I am sitting here this morning enjoying the early morning, I hear this horrific howling/whining/dog is hurt sound outside.  I just knew that something terrible happened to one of the dogs.  I run out of the bus dressed in my finest (pink pj bottoms, purple nightie, green bunny hug and hair that looks like it came from Hell) and go running towards the sound.  Oh Sweet Jesus, I just know one of them has met with a terrible accident and all I could think about was that damn snake we saw yesterday.  I call "Hogan" as I am running towards the commotion and quickly see that it is not him that this horrific sound is coming from.  As I run past Charlotte and Keith's campsite, they come out and Charlotte says "Oh, he is hurt", and they join me in my race towards Coors who I see is at the base of a small tree.  I can hear a sound (along with the ones emanating from Coors) I don't quite recognize.  Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!  I don't see any snake and I quickly grab Coors by the collar and it is a struggle for me to haul his big arse away from the sound.  Jace appears from behind me - he heard the horrible sounds also and bound out of the trailer in his boxers!!  Jesus, we all looked a sight!!  Jace was able to control Coors and we realized that the sounds we had heard were not the death and dying ones I had imagined them to be but excitement at cornering whatever little creature at the base of this tree.  That "effin" dog is so grounded!!  What kind of Granddog scares the shit out of his Grandmother like that.  Goooo Homeee!!  Oh, my shattered nerves!!
We spent the morning lazing around and eventually, headed into town.  Jace needed to fill the tuck and give it a quick wash. I stopped by and picked up some birdseed.  With the return to camp, the kids got their stuff ready and soon headed for home.  Hogan wandered around for a while wondering where everyone was.
Lorne and Marilyn soon showed up and we took them down to the old house by Trueman's mine.  We had brought lawnchairs so enjoyed a few beverages there.  On the way back, we stopped at the mine as Trueman was still there, had a beer with him and since he was on his way back into town, I told him to stop and I would give him some potato salad and a couple of burgers for his supper.
I headed to bed early - this cold has returned with a vengeance and since we have a day planned with Lorne and Marilyn tomorrow, I don't really want to be feeling too lousy.  Trueman and John talked a while then I heard his tuck start and away he went.  John came into the bus and I never head another thing after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment