Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tuesday, March 8/2011


The dogs woke me early and being that it was still dark out, I suggested to both of them that they should "go lay down".   Jace says I have to use my "man voice" (as if!) and I think the only thing I accomplished was to wake John up!!  Oh Well,  that is life!!
I managed to hold them off for another hour but I thought I was pushing my luck beyond that point. Having no great desire to clean up any messes, dragged my arse out of bed.  I let them out and noted that every tree, piece of wood and many clumps of vegetation have all been watered, courtesy of the dogs!!
I watched Coors like a hawk to ensure that he would not wander off and was rewarded with his quick return anytime I called his name.  Please Lord, let this dog be safe until his master arrives and I can then hand off the responsibility to him!!
The day proved to be windy but the sun was shining.  I did manage to get a couple hours in the sun reading and John worked on the Jeep for a while.
Ben called and was in a predicament with his ex-wife and daughter coming out for his surgery.  Apparently they will be flying in tomorrow and want to use his truck for transportation and could not figure out how he is going to have me drive him in on Thursday and get the truck to them.  Not a real hard problem to solve I told him, he can drive himself in to the hospital, leave his truck in the parking lot and his ex-wife and daughter can take a taxi from the airport to the hospital, pick the truck up and drive them selves back to Ben's apartment.  They can also look after Grace since they will be staying at the apartment while he is in hospital. Now see, I have solved two problem - the truck and Grace.   I was a little worried about having Grace out here when Coors is here.  Three dogs never seem to get along as well as two.
Happy hour was "on the patio" out of the wind.  We wandered over to The neighbors with a hummingbird feeder for them.  I told Charlotte that it was a major "camping foul" not to have one!!
We eventually got the "campfire in a can" out and  spent the remainder of the evening in the trailer partying and acting silly!!  It was fun but as the saying goes ...... all good things must come to an end and supper was needed and the bed was calling to me!!  Tomorrow, we need to start cleaning the trailer and getting it ready for Jace and Kim - it is their hotel room while they are visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment