Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tuesday, March 22/2011

I was up early coughing and hacking but generally feeling not too bad.  The weather had improved and the sun is once again shining although,  there is a bit of a breeze.  With yesterday's rain, I can only imagine how much greener the desert will be getting and the spring flowers will have gotten the little boost they need to flourish.  In a very short time I will once again see the absolute floral beauty of this desert.
The birds are busy at the feeder and I saw a quail again today.  I hope he finally comes to the feeder.  I loved to watch their antics last year so I will keep my fingers crossed.  There were a couple of cardinals at the feeder the other day and that was awesome.
I spoke with my sister today and she says they are getting some hellish weather.  At this rate she says, I will never come home!!  She told me it was 4000 degrees below which, I believe to be a bit of an exaggeration!!
I spent the morning relaxing and reading.  John worked on the Jeep a bit then played ball with Hogan for quite a while.  We haven't heard from Lorne or Marilyn today so don't know if they decided to head towards Sedona as planned then start their journey home or if they spent the day in bed!!
Charlotte and Keith went into town for water then joined us around the campfire for the evening.  Charlotte was busy sanding a Yucca walking stick for Keith while sitting around the fire and Hogan was keeping whatever creature that was in the woodpile at bay!!  It was quiet and very relaxing just sitting and enjoying the fire and the sounds of the desert night.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment