Friday, March 18, 2011

Monday, March 14/2011

Kimmy and Jace playing crib

Coors after some varmit

I know your in there!

Ending the evening with another great sunset
It just does not seem to matter to these darn dogs that I was partying last night and could actually use an extra hour of sleep!!  So, here I sit - 7am watching the birds at the feeder and watching the dogs do a perimeter check just to make sure that all is well in their neighborhood!!  Oh well, might just as well make a pot of coffee and check out the email and facebook pages!!
I just received a friend request from my niece in Ontario.  I am so excited to hear from Lindsy as we have had very little contact with her and her Mom and sister since they were little.  It was awesome to see her pictures and she looks so much like myself when I was her age.  She has just started nursing school. I look forward to keeping contact with her.
Don't really know what is on the agenda for today as everyone is still in bed!!  The dogs now are sleeping and I am the only one awake in the campsite!!  Ahhh, the beauty of Peace and Quiet.
The weather was incredible again today.  Kim's tan is coming along nicely although I do have to keep tabs on her and am forever telling her to get out of the sun - You are welcome Gloria!!   By the time Jace and her played the third game of Cribbage, she was getting red!!
We spent a quiet day around camp today.  We played a ton of Kaiser and although the kids started off well, they pooped out in the long run!!  John and I set them up for the "big fall"!!
We sat around the campfire while supper was on the bbq.  John and Jace walked to the cattle guard wondering what all the commotion was about (lots of bawling) and came back and told us that one of the   free range cattle looked like it had either broken its leg or had hurt it enough that it was no longer bearing any weight through it.  I phoned Good old Trueman and asked if he knew who the owner was and he made some calls then phoned me back to say that someone would be out early tomorrow morning.  We didn't have to worry about the cow too much as the rest of the herd had surrounded it - putting a protective shield around her to ward off any opportunistic predators.
Once supper was over and the dishes done (yes we did dishes tonight!!) John and I challenged the kids to a few games of cribbage and once again - they were handily dispatched to the losers corner of disbelief!!
We were treated to an incredible sunset tonight and after a bit of TV, headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment