Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sunday, March 13/2011

Guarding the practise cow

Kimmy, Look at all those cowbays!

He is eating the practise cow

Monique

Monique Flexing
Still more cowboys!

John and Kimmy ( sun screen and beer )

Tibbs

Char found a new friend 

Brenda (left) and Jana

Erika
Marie ( can't have my legs hairier than the horses)

Brad

Going for it!
Well, the dogs let me sleep in till 7am this morning!!  Wow!!  I love waking up to see two very eager faces looking at me from the end of the bed!!  There is something to be said about waking up knowing that another creature in this world is so happy you are paying them some attention!!  I really have to watch out for Coor's tail as he wags it so hard, it feels like a broom stick hitting your leg!!
The sun is up and it is hot already this morning.  Another great day has arrived.
I make coffee,  then check out the emails and update the blog while I am waiting for the water to heat so that I can do last night's supper dishes.  The dish fairy did not come during the night for some reason so, I guess that leaves me!!
We are supposed to be going to watch the Roping Competition today at the Simpson Ranch so I hope Jace is feeling better so that he can enjoy it.  Kim seems pumped to go. I better bring the sun screen for her!!
Jace indeed was feeling better and after breakfast and showers, we headed to the roping competition.  We loaded up a cooler of beer, stopped and got Charlotte and Keith and headed out.
The day turned out to be absolutely great.  Nothing but horses, cows and cowboys!!  Some cowgirls too but they were all skinny so I refused to watch them!!
We met Erika, Jana and Brenda there and we all had a great time.  The beer was cold and fun was had by all. Because it competition is held on private property, we were allowed to drink  - in fact - Larry, the owner, says it is mandatory!!
The whole experience was awesome but it was soon time to head back to camp and start a fire.  Supper needed to be cooked and more beer (or should I say Paralyzers) needed to be drank.
The day was awesome - one for the memory books.

No comments:

Post a Comment