Friday, November 11, 2016

Thursday, November 10/2016

It was chilly out this morning as the sun had not come over the hills by the time I got up.  I heard Kay leave for work at 6:00 a.m. so only cat napped from then until I actually got out of bed!!
The phone rang earlier and I noted that it was Staffing from home.  Obviously, they were looking for someone to work a day shift today.  Well, thinking it won't be me since I am sitting in the State of Utah and won't be working until the Spring!!  They did phone back later in the morning and I told them where I was and why I wasn't available!!  Someone had failed to tag me as "unavailable" in the office so now that is all taken care of.
The sun eventually rose over the hills and the day took on a very warm glow.   It is going to be another hot one I'm afraid but I sure won't complain about it since it was only a few days ago that my toes finally thawed from our October snow back home!!
Henrietta (Kay's side by side) still needed repairs and John realized that he did not have all the necessary tools required to repair the darn thing so we loaded it up today and drove it to the Arctic Cat dealer about 30 miles from here so that the much needed repairs could be done.  Kay and I have have many adventures on Henrietta and we certainly do not want the need for a few repairs to get in our way of any future adventures.  So...... off to the repair shop she went.
On the way back to Nephi, John and I took a bit of a road trip to see more of the Utah country side. This area is covered with huge hills and mountains and there are so many little farms and acreages  tucked into the hills and dales.  Farming abounds here and it is so cool to see the fields of sheep, cows and horses!!
We arrived back at the trailer a few minutes behind Kay who had just finished her day of work. Before too long, the campfire was raging and we enjoyed a few beer while John cooked supper.   Life is Good!!
Bill Jr. came by to drop off a big cooler so he too sat around the fire for a bit.  It was good to catch up on his news and I was able to unload a few jars of relish and pickled beets on him!!
Kay had bought half a pig and it was delivered tonight and that is why the big cooler was needed. Mitch is headed to Arizona tomorrow to take in Nascar so he will deliver the pig to the freezer on Friday evening.  Everything worked out just fine as far as getting all that meat home to Arizona!!
Kay works tomorrow so it was an early evening.  Burgers and potato salad then bed.  Last day of work for this year so she is doing a happy dance.
This weekend, it is getting the trailer winterized and then we are soooo out of here by Tuesday!!

Taking some back roads


Wind mills just outside of Spanish Fork, Utah.


Mormon Church in Payson, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment