Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Monday, October 31/2016

A night time visitor - bear scat!!
Happy Halloween to all the ghosts and goblins out there today.  We have seen a few scary houses on our travels but will not see any little trick or treaters out where we camp tonight.
We must of had a late night visitor around the trailer last night as there was a fresh pile of bear poop beside us!!  He probably smelled the turkey legs John was barbecuing last and came to investigate!!  Man, I did not think there would be any bear out here in the grasslands of Sask Landing.   Guess I was wrong!!

Leaving camp


Arrived at "the gravel pit" for the night.
Our day's travel was relatively short today.  We only had to get to the gravel pit just south of Val Marie.  This is where we stay for the night before crossing into the United States.  It has almost become a tradition for us!!
It was rainy and rather dreary all day and definitely not the kind of weather one wishes to be bbqing in so I volunteered to roast a chicken inside for supper.  It was delicious by the way and I must say, I have not lost my touch in the kitchen despite the fact that John does more cooking that I do!!
It continued to rain off and on for the remainder of the evening and into the night.  Hopefully there will be no snow on the ground when we wake up tomorrow!!  Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment