Friday, November 11, 2016

Monday, November 7/2016

I was up early again this morning.  Man this nonsense is getting to be a habit!!  It is a good thing that we are able to access Facebook and the Blog to keep me busy for a few hours while John sleeps.  I can stay pretty darn quiet - well until I drop the coffee pot and all the parts and pieces go clanging to the floor.  Why do things sound soooo much louder when you are trying to stay quiet!!
It is travel day today and that is probably a good thing as we are getting low on water and need to find a place for garbage and empty the sewer and grey water tanks.  There is a sweet little campground not too far away that is free.  Well not really free....you just have to fill up on gas and then it is free.  Well, we will need gas anyway so......free!!
We have gone through one 30 pound tank of propane so far this trip and I only know that because the heater went out last night and John had to get up and turn the valve to the full tank.  This was sometime in the middle of the night - a most inconvenient time to run out if I do say so myself.  Good thing that is considered "outside" work so all I had to do was turn over in bed and pull the covers up closer to my chin!!  Life is Good!!
We travelled to the campsite (a full 29 miles down the road), took on water and emptied the tanks. We then picked our spot which was right beside one of the two trees in the campsite, got out the lawnchairs and proceeded to sit in the sunshine and enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
While sitting in the sunshine, I saw what I thought was a small bird flying towards us.  I mentioned it to John and he informed me that is wasn't a bird, it was a butterfly!!  Man, it was the biggest butterfly I have ever seen.  I have no idea what kind it was but John thinks it could have been a monarch.  I thought he had better be flying south or he will find himself in a snowstorm if he hangs around here for much longer.  I couldn't see his colors because I was trying to see him while looking into the sunshine.  That did not work very well for me!!
John is officially now into his shorts so I do not think I will see him in any long pants now until we get back to Canada!!  I even got his flip flops out and those poor things have not been used since the beginning of October when we got our snow!!  I even got my flip flops out too although I won't be getting into my capris for another few days yet.  It is still not warm enough for me although sitting in the sunshine yesterday was almost too hot!!  Of course I had to share that little bit of information with Kimmy back home just to make her a bit jealous!!
Actually. they are getting some pretty awesome weather at home right now too.  Man, we sure could have used it in October when John and I were walking through two feet of snow trying to get ready for this trip down south!!   Try adding water to the camper when the hose is frozen!!  Not fun, that is for sure!!  I think my toes have finally finished thawing out!!
It was bbq'd ribs and potatoes and veggies for supper last night and once again, the ribs were delicious!!

Heading out of Black Rock Conyon


Our spot for the night

Enjoying a beverage




I got my ass kicked in Yahtzee ...... again,  and we watched the football game.  It was a quiet day but a good one and this little campground is awesome!!  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment