Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sunday, November 27/2016

It is Sunday and that means FOOTBALL!!   It is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday and I just might win the pool this weekend.   Man, I could use the whopping $20.00 jackpot!!  LOL  Man, why would I want to win when the pot was $150.00??   No....I'd rather wait until it was twenty!!
It is also Grey Cup Sunday in the CFL so our Canadian football season will be over today.  Either Calgary or Ottawa will be the winners and get to raise the Grey Cup in victory.  This is what the teams play for so hopefully it is a good game and not one of the classic "blowouts" that we often see.
The weather today is supposed to be rather questionable and with the wind continuing to blow, it looks like TV is the only good option.   It is supposed to rain today and the gathering clouds sure suggest that that too, is in our future!!
Our fellow campers are all pulling out today so I'm thinking that we are going to be the only ones out here tonight and that is a beautiful thing.  Finally, peace and quiet!!
Well, the Ottawa Redblacks won the Grey Cup and yes, it did rain off and on for most of the day.  Being that the weather was so shitty, it was up to me to cook supper.  John did not want to brave the chill, the wind or any other elements today so.... it was up to me to pick up the challenge.
Of course I always have my most favorite chef in my hip pocket so I simply opened the freezer and got some of Ronnie's phenomenal slow cooked roasted beef and "black gold" gravy out and we had an awesome meal of beef, potatoes, gravy and brussel sprouts.  Man..... I wonder what the rich folks are doing tonight!!  I really can not complain about the meals we eat when we are "roughing it" on the way down!!
The cats are enjoying the campsite and have settled in wonderfully.  They are truly....camping cats and go in and out of the trailer as they choose.  They came in last night and about 20 minutes later, we heard a chorus of coyotes singing not too far away.  I am sure they were in the wash but the "kids" were in and that is all that mattered.
It was time to put my kindle down and go to sleep.......Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment