Friday, November 11, 2016

Sunday, November 6/2016

Lots of frost again this morning but like the other days, the sun took care of it once it rose above the hills.   It looks like it is going to be another nice day.
Of course it is Sunday and that means football.  We have decided to just sit here today, rest and enjoy a few games.  I will get the inside of the camper straightened out and John can load up the quad for tomorrow's travels.
We will be in Utah tomorrow and only a few hundred miles from Nephi.  Kay is on her final week of work so we will stop there for a few days then continue our trek Southward.
I am not doing well in the football pool so I will not be coming into any great windfall of cash any time soon.  Hells Bells, I will be lucky not to have to pay for the steak dinner again this year.   Really, my Pittsburgh Steelers and Big Ben better start winning a few games or I will be shelling out again!!
The weather allowed us to sit outside for a bit again today and it was nice to feel the sunshine on your face.
While we were sitting enjoying a beverage, there were three quads that drove by (they had gone out earlier in the day) and all of them came back with cut up pieces of moose on them.  Obviously the guys had had a successful hunt.  After seeing this, I wondered if the moose we saw yesterday was the one we saw today.  I choose to believe it wasn't!!
The quad was loaded without incident.  John got the winch working again.  Apparently it had a loose wire so no big issue there.  We are now ready to get up tomorrow and head down the road.  All our work is done as far as getting the truck ready.  Of course I will have to do the dishes and get the trailer "road" ready but that too is getting easier each time I do it.  I am getting to be a well oiled machine and yes, I did shut off the water heater and the water pump!!
We had coleslaw and a hot hamburger sandwich for supper and then played a few games of Yahtzee and YES....I actually won a game again last night!!
Being Sunday night, there is no noise here in this area.  All the hunters and quadders are all at home safe and sound and the silence here....is golden!!  Life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment