Friday, December 9, 2011

Thursday, December 8/2011

Mr. Woodpecker - drinking from the hummingbird feeder


Our first bird at the feeder!!
The sun is up and shining and I see that the woodpecker is back at the hummingbird feeder.  He is trying and is actually having some success at drinking from the thing!!  I did not realize that their little necks could stretch that far!!  After all the time and energy he is putting into this venture, he certainly deserves to enjoy the fruits of his labor!!
Finally, there is a little finch at the bird feeder.  The first one of the season and I hope he tells his friends about it because I would have even more entertainment while I had my morning coffee!!  The feeder has been up for two days now and I can hardly believe that it has taken this long for them to find it.
The new computer has arrived in town so I will take a trip in and pick it up.  While I am in there, I will finish with the laundry (I had not done the bed linen yet) and pick up some groceries for the making of Chili for tonight's supper.  Keith and Charlotte are coming over to watch a football game tonight so thought that Chili would be quick and simple and everyone could eat when they wanted.  No fuss, No mess.
Once back from town, I quickly got the hamburger on for the chili then made the bed.  Oh, how I love the smell of clean linen!!  Why, I do believe John and I will be sleeping amongst ocean breezes and mountain air tonight!!
Keith and Charlotte came over with their homemade Kahlua and I was quite surprised how good it tasted.  I think John and I should make some before we go home as this stuff did not require the use of any vodka as the "Ever Clear" grain alcohol they used was plenty strong enough!!
The Pittsburg Steelers won the game and Keith and Charlotte headed home after that.  It was a pleasant evening and although Hogan sat up on the dash growling a few times, we have not had the pleasure of Mr Coyote again and that is a good thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment