Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wednesday, December 14/2011

 
Fog in the morning



Spooky!

Sun going down-View from our campsite

Sunset on the mountains




Our driveway


Xmas lights


Lights and Sunset

We call this Flight of the Bumblebee!
Once again, it rained intermittently through out the night and this morning, the fog and mist has rolled down off the surrounding hills and there is a rather surreal picture outside the bus windows.  One can view it as soft and comforting, with the big saguaros wrapped in the mist or,  one could choose to wait for the likes of Jack Nicholson to come charging out of the fog with a chainsaw and ghoulish grin!!
I am just going to sit here, have my coffee and wait to see how the day will be shaping up.  I really should go into town today.  The trash can that I ordered (for the trash can turkey Christmas Day) is in and I need to get some white lights for the Mesquite tree and there are a few groceries to get as well.  Once the fog lifts, I will dash in if it is not looking like rain.
I did get into town and I must say that the road to the highway was rather greasy in some spots.  There has been a bit of running water on this road but all in all, the washes really were quite good.
Once back at home, Keith and Charlotte returned from their walk and John and I decided to sit outside for a bit.  Hogan ran for the ball several times - I think he is glad to be able to run around outside again now that the rains have stopped.
John cooked a baked potato over the campfire in a can again then, fired up the bbq for his pork chop and my lamb chop!!  Supper was great and we had a lovely sunset to dine by.   Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment