Sunday, December 4, 2011

Saturday, December 3/2011

Hogan got me up twice during the night to "go outside".  I guess that is what I get for feeding him some chicken and gravy yesterday.  One of these days, I will get that through my head.  Since he hardly ever gets "people" food, it tends to cause him a few issues and I would rather those "issues" be done outside so I shall not complain about having to get up twice.
It still remains cloudy this morning and we could still get more rain.  The sun is making a rather valiant attempt to break through the clouds so we shall wait and see what the morning brings.  The bird feeders may not even get put up today!!
I looked at the long range forecast for the month of December and it looks like it will be in the mid  to upper 60s  (16-20C) with the lows occasionally dropping to below freezing.  It should be a decent month for weather and really, all I have to do is look at the temperature back home to make me appreciated even the cloudy days here.
It remained cloudy and rained a bit off and on.  There was a bit of a thunder and lightning show tonight and both John and Charlotte were rather impressed by it.  It was damp and chilly all day but I did manage to get the hummingbird feeder up and John did pound the regular bird feeder pole into the ground.  I now have to remember where I put the darn feeder so may have to "think" on that for a while.
John had gone over to Keith and Charlotte's earlier to help them mount the radiant heater, needed some parts so Keith and Charlotte headed into town for those and John and I raked a few more rocks out of our campsite.  Such busy little beavers we are!!
Once Keith and Charlotte returned, we both headed over to their trailer to see what they got on their shopping spree and unfortunately, the copper pipe needed to be flared and that was not done so the heater could not be fixed to the wall permanently.  Oh well, no big deal as it can still be used and by the feel of the wind and the dampness, we will both have our heaters on tonight!!
We stayed and chatted with them for a while with Hogan taking up his favorite spot in front of their heater!!  He sooo hates the cold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment