Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Monday, December 12/2011

Mr Woodpecker hanging upside down drinking


New bird, don't know what it is yet!
I am up early today and am quite surprised that I can actually move without hurting!!  My thigh muscles are a bit vocal and would rather stay in bed but all in all, I am able to mobilize well.  Not bad for an out of shape, over weight, middle aged woman!!
The woodpecker is back at the hummingbird feeder and I have finally got a pic of him practically turning himself upside down to reach the nectar.  I have my very own gong show just outside the bus!!
It is cloudy today and looks like rain.  I am supposed to be going into town today to pick up a few things but I think I will wait to see what the weather is going to be like.  The jeep currently is roofless and I have no desire to get into town then have it rain on me so that I am soaking wet by the time I get back to the bus.  Nothing good will come of that!!
It did start raining and John and I made a mad dash out to the jeep to put the bikini top and the doors back on.  I am not sure just how much rain this will keep out, but I am sure it will help.
As it turned out, the remainder of the day was filled with rain.  If this keeps up, I am sure that some of the washes will be running.  The fog rolled in during the afternoon and never left.  There was a bit of wind as well which made the day generally miserable.
I read my book, John was on the computer and eventually I allowed John to kick my butt in two games of Yahtzee (I am glad to see that I have not lost my losing ways)!!
John did not want to bbq tonight (can't imagine why) so I made a beef stew - comfort food on a damp, dreary day.
We did not see hide nor hair of Keith and Charlotte today and assumed that they too were holed up in their trailer staying warm and dry.  According to John, tomorrow's weather is supposed to be much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment