Friday, December 23, 2011

Thursday, December 22/2011

I have not seen Mr. Coyote since John took his "little friend" after him so was lulled into a bit of a sense of security thinking that perhaps he had high tailed it to parts unknown.  Although I knew that this was probably unlikely, I never the less had hope.  While I was lying in bed this morning, well before the sun came up, I heard the pack very close to the bus.  They were doing their usual yappy howling thing just to let me know that they were still in the vicinity and perhaps to remind me that they too have a place in this desert.  It is now 8 a.m. and I can still hear them and they still are not too far away.  Hogan is growling and on alert but I feel much better when he is inside the bus when the pack is around.  He thinks he is tough but the pack would kill him in less than a heartbeat and I have no desire to deal with that!!
The birds are flitting to and from the feeder and I noted that their water has a film of ice on it this morning so it must have dropped close to freezing although the dog water sitting on the ground is not frozen.
When I got up this morning, the temperature was +3C (41F).
We went into town today for supper but first had to stop and pick up the girls at the Bar Seven and the Rancher their Christmas chocolates. With the gift bags full, we headed to the Bar Seven where we had a few drinks and chatted with friends, ate supper and then were off to the Rancher to say Merry Christmas to Dena and leave her the other gift bag.   We were home by 10:30 and that is a good thing because it was rather chilly in the bus and I am sure Hogan was happy to see us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment