Saturday, December 24, 2011

Friday, December 23/2011

I was up early this morning,  5 a.m. actually and it was chilly in the bus.  I started the heater and went back to bed.  That will give it about an hour and a half to warm up before I greet the morning.
I heard the phone signal a text message at 6:45 so was up talking to my sister.  She has been busy getting her Christmas Eve meal ready and was already making cabbage rolls this morning.
I then chatted with Jace for a bit.  He is driving back from Calgary this morning and then is done until after the festive season.  Apparently he still has all his shopping to do!!  Typical Man!!
Today I must head into town and pick up all the little things I need to complete our Christmas supper meal and then all that is left is to pick up the turkey Saturday morning.  I have no place to store a turkey if I pick it up any sooner so would rather make the extra trip into town on Saturday than risk tainted turkey!!
I headed into town, got all my shopping and running around done and was back at the bus about two hours later.  John had pumped water into the bus and was busy fixing an extension cord when I got home.
With the groceries put away and the few small gifts I bought in their festive bags, it was time to sit and relax.
Trueman stopped by today and, since I had not seen him for over a week, I felt it necessary to give him the gears about that!!  I reminded him about Christmas supper and said he was more than welcome to join us so I hope he does.  He has friends in town that have also asked him out for supper.  I did mention that if he didn't come, there would be plenty of leftovers the next day as well.
Keith and Charlotte wandered over and chatted with Trueman as well then it was into the trailer, out of the wind and night chill, to sit around the "campfire in a can".  That little fire pit was one of the best things we have ever bought!!
We partied until it was time for bed.  Big day tomorrow - Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment