Saturday, December 10, 2011

Friday, December 9/2011

Full Moon Tonight!



moon through the mesquite tree

Moon with the palo verde tree


Moon above the saguaro and the hill
Hogan and I were up before the sun this morning and I was pleased to find that the temperature in the bus verged on comfortable.  It must have stayed fairly warm overnight.
The trash can for the cooking of the Christmas turkey is supposed to be available for pick up today so I should probably take a quick trip back into Wickenburg to pick it up.  Other than this, I really have nothing else planned for today however someone should probably climb up to the storage pods and get the Christmas decorations out.
I did make the climb and I did get the lights into the rather user unfriendly branches.  Now that my hands have quite bleeding (couldn't find the gloves), I will wait till the sun goes down to make the final judgement as to the placement of the festive colors.  I may have to do some rearranging once the lights are turned on and you can get a better idea of how they look.
John started a fire although it really was not necessary as the evening was more than pleasant.  There was no wind and it was not chilly at all.  The campfire however always supplies the right ambiance to the evening.  We sat around the fire while supper cooked then retired to the inside.
Trueman had stopped by during the afternoon and stayed to chat for a bit.  It is always nice to see him and today he was feeling pretty good.  He was hauling water as he is hoping to "run some dirt" through his trammel and hopefully find some gold.  I am hoping he will let me come and watch him and maybe I will even be lucky enough to get to help him.  I will experience my own Gold Rush Alaska!!
John worked on the placement of the batteries again today.  The vent is now in so I think all that needs to be done now is just put the batteries into the compartment and get them wired.  Then it will be a matter of getting the solar panels wired in and presto, we will have more solar power than we know what to do with.  It will be most interesting to see how long the power will last.  With way more capacity,  perhaps we will not have to turn the generator on at all!!
We were blessed with a full moon tonight so it was quite bright out as we sat by the fire.  I took some pics and they came out decent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment