Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday, December 8/2010









We were awakened this morning at 6:30 by a rather noisy pack of coyotes. It was still very dark out so there was really no point in my getting up to look out the window to see what I could see but I swear the little suckers were right beside the camper!! This is nature's alarm clock at its finest. Of course I couldn't get back to sleep so, after tossing and turning for an hour, I got out of bed. I think I heard John give a sigh of relief!!
I noticed that Jan had skype on and we chatted for over an hour. Man it was good to chat with my sister with out her grandchildren around. Don't get me wrong, I love those little boys and miss them like crazy but it is nice to chat with just her.
I gave Jan a tour of the campsite and she too agrees, that it is a nicer spot than last year. You have to love skype for the ability to deal in "real time" pictures and conversation.
There seems to be different kinds of birds in this campsite as well. I better get my bird feeder out today. I haven't seen too many doves around although I have heard a few. I will be happy with a few different birds this year along with the gorgeous little hummingbirds and hopefully a few quail. I get such joy out of watching them and their antics - another one of life's simple little pleasures.
John was busy today putting on the hardware needed for the soft top on the jeep and I was busy getting all my solar lights out and putting then where I thought they would look the best. The ground here in some areas is pretty damn hard and I needed John's punch to hammer holes into the ground to soften it up so that I could get the picks for the light into the ground. That was almost like work!!
All in all, it was a great day and the solar lights looked awesome in the dark.
The pics are tonight's sunset and the on on the side is when I tried to capture the moon and if you look real close, it is there up in the left hand corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment